Saturday, April 7, 2012

Mattilee is 2!

I cannot believe that the little doll who made me a mommy just turned two. Where did the time go?!? It's been such a WONDERFUL adventure to watch her grow and learn. She amazes me with what she knows and says. I can't really remember when she started forming sentences (it just seems like it happened overnight) but now she is speaking paragraphs and her little emphases and expressions are too cute. There are so many things I love about this little girl. She has the funniest little outgoing personality. She fills our home with so much laughter and joy. I'm so thankful I get to be her mommy.

We originally had her birthday party scheduled for Friday, March 2 which is her birthday. However, the Birmingham area was under severe weather alerts so we decided to postpone until Sunday. Saturday, Mattilee woke up with a really bad cold but since we had already postponed once, and she was so excited about her party we went ahead with it, even though she wasn't feeling great. We had her party at a place called Parties on the Move and all of the kids had a blast, even our sick birthday girl.


Two years old!



Having fun! I still haven't quite figured out how to use my new camera so this action shot is a little blurry.



Sweet cousin Addie Brown sliding



And this precious boy made me an aunt. I cannot believe he will be five soon and starting school!



Mattilee and Addie Brown going up to the big slide.



Such a big girl way up there all by herself!



I love this! Sweet cousins having fun!



Mattilee and Claire Kate. It seems these cars are always a hit with little ones.



Sitting in the big birthday chair getting ready to open presents.



With Treyman



Opening gifts!



Delicious birthday cake



Mmmm



I think it is safe to say that little cousin Ariston enjoyed the cake and ice cream.



In her party hat.



Birthday banner that Mattilee's sweet Aunt Erica helped me make (or really made for me) with her cricut.



The party room Parties on the Move decorated for her.




After the party our sick birthday girl is still smiling.

My favorites at this age:

I love how excited she gets about things. She just enjoys life so much.

I love how animated she is when telling a story.

I love seeing and hearing her just pick up things that we haven't really taught her. Like using the plural form of words, using proper pronouns, associating people and things, etc.

I love that she counts everything and then smiles like she's proud of herself.

I love that I'm only having to change Ivey Kate's diapers. Matti mastered potty training like a pro by about 21 months. Just in time for baby sister's arrival.

I love how she tries to "mother" Ivey Kate. If Ivey Kate cries, Matti runs to her rescue and pats her while saying "It's okay, Ivey Kate" or "What's wrong Ivey Kate?" She loves to give kisses to Ivey Kate and in the car if Ivey falls asleep she'll say "Shhh, be real quiet Momma. Ivey Kate's asleep."

I love how she still asks "Momma, can I hold you?" I know one day she won't want me to hold her so I'll hold her as long as she asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment