Wednesday, July 4, 2012

6 Month Sweetie

I have no idea where the past 6 months have gone!  Sometimes I just wish I could slow life down to really savor this time with my little ones. 

Our Ivey Kate is such a sweetheart.  I love her sweet smile and giggles.  I love that she wakes up so happy. I can hear and see her on the baby monitor just talking to herself, playing with her feet, rolling around, etc.  This girl LOVES her mommy.  I love that she loves me, but I also want her to be happy when other people hold her.  She has gotten a little better, she is usually happy with someone else as long as she doesn't see me.  If she gets a glimpse of me, she'll usually start fussing until I take her.  Mattilee did the same thing. It's so sweet when babies love and are comforted by their mommy, it just makes me feel bad for others when my babies aren't happy with them. I want everyone to be able to hold and love on my babies if they would like, and at times neither of mine have wanted to cooperate with this.

 At Ivey's 6 month checkup she was 16.5 lbs (60%) and 27 inches (90%).  She is eating baby food 3 times a day now.  She finally has a tiny tooth coming through. It seems she's been teething for months and now she finally has something to show for it.  

We tried sitting her up by herself last month and sometimes she would sit up for a minute or so before toppling over but on her 6 month birthday she really started sitting up and staying put.  She loves that she can see everything that's going on while sitting up and seems to enjoy getting to pick up different toys that are within her reach.  

I love the love that she and her big sister already seem to have for one another.  When I get Ivey Kate up from a nap and bring her to the room where Mattilee is, Ivey Kate's face lights up and she wiggles with excitement.  Mattilee always says something like "Hey Ivey Kate, Hey Sweetheart! Did you have a good nap?" And Mattilee immediately wants to give her a hug and kiss.   Ivey Kate will just sit and watch her big sister and laugh and smile at whatever Mattilee's doing.  


I was reminded this week of Psalm 127:3 and meditated on it for a while.  Children are a reward from Him.  Wow, I had to let that really sink in for a while. Our majestic and holy God, creator of the universe, author of life and everything that is good has decided to reward me!  How He has rewarded me with these too!!! And for what reason do I deserve a reward??  None whatsoever.  But out of His goodness He has, despite my being so undeserving of any reward from Him.  So thankful for His mercy and grace! 


This is our little sweetheart sitting up on her 6 month birthday.  Even after those nasty 6 month shots she still so happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment