Thursday, July 5, 2012

Family Beach Trip 2012


My mom with all of her grandbabies. 



Sweet cousins



I just love this picture of her. 



We tried and tried to get a picture with all four of them looking at the camera but this was the best I could get.  



My little loves


Matti trying to pose for the camera. 


And again. She hasn't quite figured out how to pose but she sure is cute anyway. 


Ivey Kate and Lyla taking a wagon ride around Carillon. Ivey's wide eyes in this make me laugh.



Pop reading "Hop on Pop" to the girls. :)




These two had just ridden the airlplanes all by themselves! They had so much fun at the little amusement park in Pier Park.  



Matti is the front of the train and she loved riding it! 



Sweet girls waiting to eat at Pier Park. 



Excited about riding the big train with Gigi and Addie Brown. 



Burying Uncle Pat in the sand.  He's such a good uncle and good sport. 



Ivey Kate's sweet feet in the sand for the first time. 



Matti's feet in the sand too.



Matti and her cousin Lyla sliding at the park in Carrillon. 



More fun at the park. 



Trying pistachios for the first time. I love that they do everything together. :)
  

She loves the water. 


Burping their baby dolls after feeding them. 


Riding behind the bike in this cool little bike caddy.  This thing was awesome and they loved it!  I'd like to get one to ride the girls around our neighborhood at home.  


Sitting with Pop before heading to bed. 



They had so much fun in the pool!


So did this angel!


The week of Memorial Day we went to the beach with my parents, brothers, and their precious families.  We stayed in a house in Carillon.  It was so nice to spend an entire week at the beach relaxing, playing, and catching up with my family.  The house had a pool which was so nice.  We didn't have to pack up everything to head to the pool, we just walked out of the back door.  And while the little ones napped, we could still be out by the pool with the baby monitors. We had beautiful weather the entire week.  Mattilee and her cousin Addie Brown had a really good time together.  We were proud of them; we weren't sure what to expect with two two-year-olds in the same house for a week but they played really well together for the most part.  We found out little Ivey Kate had an ear infection the day before we left for the beach so I worried how she would do away from home all week. But she did great!  She didn't act like her ear bothered her much at all.  Our bedroom had a walk-in closet where we set up her pack-and-play for her to sleep and it was perfect.  We set up the monitor and sound machine and she seemed to love her little oasis.  I loved getting to spend so much time with my family and getting to play with my sweet nieces.  These four girls are gonna have so much fun growing up together.  I always look forward to our trips together and I'm so thankful my parents plan trips like this for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment