Monday, July 30, 2012

Precious Hands and Feet

While Matt was out of town last week, the girls and I stayed with my parents.  It was so nice to get to spend time with them. My girls enjoyed the extra love and attention from Gigi and Pop and I'm pretty sure Gigi and Pop enjoyed it too. My mom had been in charge of crafts for her church's VBS and had the materials left over for making stepping stones.  My mom has a stepping stone of Mattilee's feet that I gave her when Matti was just a baby so we decided to make one of Ivey Kate's feet since she had all of the materials.  I wanted some for my yard too so we just had a fun time sticking little hands and feet in the mold and decorating them.  I was excited about how they turned out. 


I LOVE LOVE these little hands! I think the flower hands turned out really cute! 




I knew Ivey Kate wouldn't keep her hands spread or still so we tried her little feet.  She still moved her feet but I think they turned out precious.  




I know I'll always cherish these stones with my babies' hands and feet from when they were so tiny.  


These are so simple and a great gift for grandmas. Hobby Lobby sells a kit that has everything you need but it is kind of expensive, especially if you are doing more than one.  You can just buy concrete mix for around $5.00 and decorate with anything you choose. There are lots of how-to videos online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment