Tuesday, July 9, 2013

She Walks

Our precious Ivey Kate started walking at 14 months old.  Although we could bribe her to take a few steps here and there starting at about 12 months, she preferred crawling over walking until she was well into her 14th month.  She was really fast at crawling and I guess considered herself much more efficient on four as opposed to two.  One day she was just ready to walk and hardly ever resorted back to crawling.  It's really cute to watch her stumble around on those sweet legs.  She's such a doll!  This little girl brings so much joy.


Video of her first steps. 



Still a little uneasy, but going for it. 

:)



At her 15 month checkup she weighed in at 22 1/2 lbs (50%) and was 31 1/4 inches tall (75%). 

Ivey Kate's favorite things at 15 months:


Lovey
Her two sucking fingers
Baby dolls
Puppies- real and stuffed
Music- she loves to move and dance
Wheels on the Bus
Reading books
Bible Action Songs DVD (never cares anything about tv unless this is on)
Peek-a-boo
Eating- pretty much anything



My favorites about her at this age:
Sweet voice
Love that she's trying to say new words
I love to watch her chew... I love watching those sweet cheeks and lips and the way she swallows
She asks for "Sister" as soon as she wakes up
Her eyes sparkle and I love her eyelashes
She's so happy
Her smile just lights up her whole face
She's my snuggler. I love the way she lays her head on my chest
I love the way she nods her head in agreement or answering yes to a question


No comments:

Post a Comment