Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's a .....

Matt and I have had a gut feeling from the beginning that this baby was a girl.  All three of my pregnancies have been so similar. Too similar, I felt, for it to be a boy.  But, we wouldn't know for sure until my doctor's appointment at 18 weeks.  We were great with either sex, of course.  We have LOVED having girls and thought if it was another girl, "we've kinda got the hang of how to do girls" and "we have EVERYTHING we would need for another girl".  If it was a boy we were both excited about getting to experience a boy and all the boyish fun things.  I wondered if Matt secretly wanted a boy.  All three of his siblings are boys and I wondered if every man, deep down, would like to have a son to do "guy" things with.  One day I asked him if he would be at all disappointed with another girl. He responded with "Of course not. We have two of the most precious girls in the whole world.  Why wouldn't I want another one?" That made my heart at ease because like I said I was very confident this was another girl. 

We decided to do a small gender reveal with friends and family.  So we went to the ultrasound at my 18 week appointment and got to see the most precious baby moving around but asked the ultrasound tech not to tell us the gender.  Everything we could see looked perfect!  We praise God for another healthy baby!!  

We left the ultrasound with the gender tucked away in a sealed envelope.  It really killed me not to open it and I was so thankful it was sealed, otherwise I would have been really tempted just to peek inside. If I ordered a cake it would take a few days to get it and we wanted to do it that night.  We had waited long enough.:)  So, I immediately took the envelope to Gigi's cupcakes and had them box us up some cupcakes according to the gender hidden inside the envelope.  They told me they put either pink or blue icing inside each cupcake.  They were so sweet about it and excited to do this for us and they put them together perfectly.  

 I wasn't certain we wouldn't be able to see pink or blue bleeding through when we opened the box so that's the conversation we are all having at the beginning of the video.  But like I said, Gigi's did a perfect job on them!  


The Reveal! 


It's a GIRL!!!!!!

We are so excited and feel so blessed and honored to get to welcome another sweet girl into our family.  In keeping with our "family name" tradition, her name will most likely be McKinley.  That was Matt's great-grandfather's name and we both like it for our girl. We haven't decided on a middle name just yet. We are anxiously awaiting the time we get to see this precious girl for the first time.  Can't wait to meet our newest little angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment