Sunday, July 21, 2013

Little Ivey-18 Months Already

Love this little head nod when she hears music. She loves all music like her Daddy.  She either dances or nods her head at the sound of music every time. :)




At Ivey Kate's 18 month checkup she was 33 inches (90%) and 23 1/2 lbs (50%).

Favorite things about sweet Ivey at this age:
If I'm sitting in the floor, she loves to come up and hug my back.  She'll just stay there a while with her sweet little arms around me and head on my back.

Says "Sorry Sister" with a kiss and a hug if she does something to offend Mattilee.

"Hold you?" All.day.long.  I really don't mind...I know that one day she won't want me to hold her anymore and I will miss the days I could just pick her up, touch her soft cheek to mine and deeply breathe in the smell of her hair.  But it does make preparing meals difficult (and washing clothes and cleaning and a host of other chores). When I can't hold her she stands beside me and cries a broken-hearted cry or holds on to my legs. :(

She's just started singing "Jesus Loves Me" and it's the cutest thing ever.

She'll share anything if you ask her for it.  Anxious to see how long this lasts. She'll also take anything you have without reservation, but at least she shares in return. :)

She still loves baby dolls and purses. Such a little momma already.

She still loves Lovey and those two fingers.

She's already started pretending, which is adorable.  Mattilee and Ivey Kate will play "restaurant" often and Ivey will pretend to eat her food and drink her drink and then ask for "More, please."

I love how loving she is and she's definitely a cuddler. She'll just sit with us and let us cuddle her often.  Sometimes she'll just come up to us and pat us or lay her head on us just for a few seconds then she'll go back to playing, almost like she just needed a quick refill of her love tank.

She's just started repeating EVERYTHING! Our favorites to hear her say are laffy taffy, bumblebee, watermelon, and I yuv ew too!  

She's going through a phase where she doesn't care to eat much. I honestly think it's because she doesn't want to sit in her highchair.  I hope this is short-lived.



It's neat to see the differences in personalities with our two girls.  Ivey seems to be much more "determined" and strong-willed than Mattilee.  This makes parenting a little more challenging.  But, I hope she'll use that strong will and determination for good one day. :)



We LOVE Summer!  With it just comes a laid-back feeling.  We had just met precious friends for dinner and hung out outside the restaurant for a while. It felt so nice out!



I love times like this!!  With two toddlers, a lot of my time is spent refereeing and addressing heart issues (selfishness most frequently) but here they were just playing together happily and sharing without being prompted or reminded to.


No comments:

Post a Comment