Monday, July 8, 2013

Disney 2013

 I can't believe I am so far behind on this blog.  Honestly with two little ones running around and another one on the way, this definitely hasn't been on the forefront of my mind. Still, every once in a while i'll remember how I haven't updated in so long, and that I need this blog to help me document our life with these precious little people we've been given to raise.  So, on a rainy afternoon during nap time, I'm finally getting around to this.


In February Matt had to travel to Orlando for a work conference.  We took the opportunity to take Mattilee (almost 3 at the time) to Disney World!  We knew she would love it. She was just starting to really get into the Disney princesses.  After toiling over it for a while, we finally decided to leave Ivey Kate with grandparents.  She was still taking two long naps a day (and prefers to sleep in a crib as opposed to stoller) and was still so young; we just didn't think she was quite ready for Disney.  Matt's company has to go to Orlando every other year so we decided it would be much more enjoyable for her the next time the trip rolled around.

Mattilee had the BEST time!  She was in awe of the princesses and loved the rides!!  I loved watching her talk to the princesses. It filled my heart to know she was having the time of her life.  At one point, as tears were welling up in my eyes watching her talk to Tinkerbell (I'm a tinkerbell fanatic, it was just emotional to see her having so much fun) Matt leaned over and said, "It kinda makes me want to cry. Look how happy she is." My thoughts exactly. We LOVED getting to experience that with her and it was probably nice for her to have our full attention for a few days.  Her favorite ride was the teacups.  We did make the mistake of taking her on the Pirates of the Carribean or the "pirate ride" as she refers to it. It was dark, and I'm sure for a 2 year old, scary.  She still talks about how she loved Disney World but didn't like the pirate ride. :)

We stayed with another family that had a precious little 4 year old girl, Caroline.  Mattilee and Caroline got to share a room and had such a GREAT time together.

Caroline and Mattilee ready for Magic Kingdom! 

Waiting in line to see Tinkerbell.

:)


Holding Tinkerbell's hand.

This Tinkerbell truly fit the part. She was so "fairy-like"

Magic Carpet Ride


Silly girl.


Driving Daddy around.


Teacups! Her favorite! 


Talking to Aurora and telling her how old she is. 


Sweet, happy child. 



Metting Cinderella.


 Repunzel.. or "Tangled" as Mattilee calls her. 


Ariel and Matti. I love that her hand is on Ariel's leg. :) 

Big hug for Ariel. 


Hands up on Under the Sea ride.

We loved this ride.

Matt volunteered me to play Mrs. Potts in the play. Thanks, Babe. 

Riding the airplanes! 

Sweet friends. 


 The castle!!

 Sweet girl.

:)


 End to a fun day! 



Mustaches while waiting for dinner. :)


Sweet girl just sang Happy Birthday to Daddy.  We celebrated his 29th in Disney. 


Mattilee's Gigi gave her some souvenir money to spend and she bought something for Ivey Kate and for herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment