Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Getaway for Mommy and Daddy

In October Matt and I got to go to Riviera Maya; just us, no kiddos.  Matt won the trip through his company.  It's really hard to qualify for the trip so I'm really proud of my hubs and his hard work (not to mention extremely thankful for the vacay).  Of course it was really hard to leave the girls and we missed them like crazy, but it was so good for us to get away by ourselves.  We rarely get time alone. I'm not complaining; that's what we signed up for when we decided to have kids.  However, I think it probably does every marriage good to spend one on one time together.  For those few days we felt young and carefree again.  We laughed and cut up, had real, meaningful conversations without interruptions, and truly just enjoyed one another.


The place we stayed was beautiful!  I didn't take many pictures so I got some pics that a friend took. She and her husband were there too with several other couples from Matt's company.  It's so much fun to be able to have alone time with Matt but also get to hang out with friends too while we are there.  




A lot of the other wives and I climbed this lifeguard tower for a picture.  We weren't supposed to climb it but it was just calling out to us.  We had a good time; this group of women were so much fun.  



The infinity activity pool.  There was also a relaxation pool for guests that didn't want to hear music or other noise... like our husbands playing pool football.:) 



Another view of the activity pool. 



The beautiful view of the ocean.  



I think this is the only picture I have of my handsome hubs and me from our trip. This was the last night at the company dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment