Thursday, August 12, 2010

Five Month Firsts

She loves her exersaucer!

I take her pic next to this animal every month to see how much she has grown.


Matti and I spent a few days at my mom and dad's while Matt was out of town. My mom taught her to stick her tongue out during our visit. Thanks Gigi. :)


Pretty Girl:)

So much fun!


Look Mom, no hands:)




We are only a week into month 5 and it has already been my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I've LOVED every stage but this age is so fun! Mattilee smiles all the time and she giggles and laughs out loud at everything! She loves to be tickled, she thinks Molly our dog is the funniest thing ever, and sometimes just looking at her or talking to her makes her laugh out loud. When we go in her room to get her up in the morning or from a nap, as soon as she sees us she just giggles so loud and smiles and her whole body wiggles with excitement. I told Matt, that it's sad to think that she won't always be this excited to see us, but we've got it on video so we can always remember it.:)

Matti's been rolling over from her tummy to back since 6 weeks but she just started rolling from her back to her belly. She also realized that she can grab her feet and that she can put her little toes in her mouth. This is her favorite thing to do during diaper changes.

Right at 5 months and 1 week, I felt her first tooth coming in. I'd felt like she had been teething for a while because anything she could put in her mouth she just really gnawed on. Now it has broken through her gums and it's a sharp little thing. Since she is a thumb sucker I'm curious to see if she'll stop sucking her thumb after she bites down on it a few times or if she'll find a way to work around it.

Matti officially started sitting up on her own this week! I couldn't believe it...she just doesn't seem old enough to be sitting up. She's still a little wobbly and topples over from time to time so I make sure I have the area padded with pillows. Yesterday I went to answer the phone and left her sitting up surrounded by pillows. When I came back a few minutes later I totally expected her to have toppled over but she was still sitting there and played for a good 10 minutes before falling over.

She's just growing and changing so fast! Sometimes I wish I could slow it down but I'm just trying to enjoy every minute with her. School started back this week and that means I would have been starting back to work. I can't describe how grateful I am for the opportunity to stay home with her. My husband works so hard to make this happen. I know we will have to make sacrifices but they are completely worth it to us. Staying home isn't for everyone, I've got friends that say they are better mommys when they work, but for me it is the greatest blessing.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog Katy! You did a great job on it! I cant wait to see more posts & "follow" your precious family. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete