Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Fun Continues

Happy Girl

Lying down for a nap at Granny Hicks' house:)

Happy 4th of July!

My friend Courtney monogrammed this cute little dress for her and I just had to get some pictures with her in it.


First time eating baby food. We had pears.

This may be my favorite pic of her so far. After our first encounter with sweet potatoes, I went to run her bath water for obvious reasons. When I came back she was laid over with her thumb in her mouth. All that work was exhausting:)





At Mattilee's 4 month check up she weighed 13lb 7oz and was 25 inches long. She was now in the 75% for weight and the 70% for height. She had to get another round of shots but again, she did great. She barely cried at all and seemed to forget all about them within a few minutes.




This month the doctor said we could start trying baby food if we wanted to...and of course we wanted to! At first she could take it or leave it but within a week or two she really started to like it and would get excited when she saw me getting her food ready. So far we have tried all of the 1st foods except green beans and she likes them all! Or let me rephrase that, she eats them all. Sometimes she eats so quickly, I'm not sure she had a chance to taste.




She really started being purposeful with her little hands this month. She began to grab anything she wanted and swap toys from hand to hand. Everything, I mean everything goes straight to her mouth.




Up to this point, Matt and I had given her a paci at night. One night she took the paci out of her mouth and replaced it with her thumb. Now she wants nothing more to do the the paci and she loves sucking her thumb. I know that we will probably have trouble one day getting her to quit sucking her thumb and that we can never take it away from her -it is attached to her body! But she looks so stinking cute and she soothes herself. No more going into her room to put her paci back in her mouth or worrying if we remembered a paci when we go out. And did I mention how adorable she looks? I can deal with it for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment