Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Fun and Exciting News

We went to the beach with Matt's family in mid July and had the best time!! My brother in law, Robert is a talented photographer among many other things and took these great pics on the beach.




All of the grandkids. We'll have two more by the end of the year! Aren't they all beautiful?? The Lord has blessed this family with healthy happy kiddos.

We went to dinner and to watch fireworks with the sweetest friends for the 4th of July. Here Matti is enjoying a snow cone with her daddy.
She's showing off her glow-in-the-dark bracelets as we wait for the fireworks to start.
Happy 4th of July!

We found out on July 12 that we are having a girl!! We got to see her playing with her ear and moving all around as well as that precious heart beating on the ultrasound. It's so amazing...I really don't see how anyone can go through a pregnancy and birth of a child and not believe in our perfect Creator. We don't have a name picked out quite yet. There is one I'm leaning toward, but I just can commit to nailing it down. I'm not a very decisive person, so trying to give my child a name which she will be stuck with and identified by the rest of her life is a little overwhelming to me. I'm hoping to use another family name like I did with Mattilee. That way I won't second guess myself, knowing that it has special meaning.

Mattilee really isn't quite old enough to really know what is going on or that her world is going to change drastically in about 4 months. She knows that Mommy has baby sister in her tummy and she will kiss my tummy. We also pray for baby sister with her but at 17 months I really don't think she understands what having a baby sister means. I'm hoping she adjusts well. She loves her baby dolls and strolling them or rocking them and is very interested in her baby cousins. I know she'll be a great big sister, it may just take a little while for her to adjust to sharing Mommy's time and attention with another baby. :)

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog as I was looking for information about the birthday knife. Your baby is just gorgeous! I have enjoyed looking at her adorable smile in her pictures. I was wondering if you could post the poem that came with the birthday knife you have. I have a knife set I want to give as a gift for a baby shower this weekend, but I need the poem. Thank you!

    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete