Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Growing Hope Family


We're expecting another baby around Dec. 8!! We are so excited that the Lord is blessing us with another little angel. For a couple of weeks I had been having a few symptoms that made me question whether I was pregnant. I took a pregnancy test on Tuesday, April 12 while Matt was at work. I spent the first few hours with a combination of emotions: excitement, thankfulness, surprise, etc. I shared many hugs and conversations with the big sister-to-be since she was the only one here to share the news with. Then I got to work on making Mattilee a big sister shirt. I didn't tell Matt the big news even though I talked to him a couple of times on the phone that day. It killed me, but I wanted to wait until he got home from work and have Matti dressed in her big sister shirt. I had the video camera rolling when he got home but he thought I was just videoing Mattilee's excitement when he comes home from work so he didn't pay much attention to it. It took him a while to notice her shirt, and I actually had to say "look at what she's wearing" before he realized it. His response is priceless and I'll always cherish that video.

We had our first Dr. appointment on April 25 at about 6 weeks pregnant. We got to have an ultrasound to see the little peanut and see that sweet heart beating. It's an indescribable feeling to see that precious growing baby up on the screen.

At about 10 weeks we went back to the doctor and got to hear the heartbeat. I had forgotten what a sweet sound it is! The heartbeat was 161-163. The whole pregnancy process is such a miracle. It's so hard for me to see how someone can go through pregnancy and the birth of a baby and not believe we have a perfect, loving, creative God orchestrating everything.

We go back to the doctor in two weeks for our 14 week checkup and then at 18 weeks we'll have our ultrasound to find out the sex! Please join us in praying for this new precious baby we will get to meet in early Dec.!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for y'all, Katy! I can't wait to know what you are having. The baby and Matti are going to be best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!!!!! Bradley & I are so extremely happy for yall. We absolutely adore Matti & cannot wait to meet baby Hope #2! Matti is going to be a wonderful big sister! See yall tomorrow night :)

    ReplyDelete